Friday, February 16, 2007

Saw a parody of Peanuts on Robot Chicken, was struck by a wave of nostalgia. Headed to wikipedia and surfed Charlie Brown.

It's on of those strange epiphanies that you get, when you run into something that you used to do or watch so long ago that you've totally forgotten about it, but in retrospect has shaped your life.

I think watching Charlie Brown struggle through adversity hardly winning any at all gave me whatever tolerance I have for the less able and less successful.

And watching Snoopy fantasize about being a World War I ace, or Joe Cool was a cue for me to retreat into my own fantasy worlds.

Above all, Snoopy and Woodstock and Charlie Brown taught me the value of love, friendship and brotherhood. Things which are sometimes scarce in younger years in this hard country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home